In Salesforce, a joined report allows you to combine data from multiple objects and display it in a single report. Here are the general steps to create a joined report:
- Go to the Reports tab in Salesforce and click on the “New Report” button.
- Select the primary object for the report and choose the fields you want to include.
- Click on the “Add a Related Object” button and select the object you want to join.
- Select the fields from the joined object that you want to include in the report and specify the relationship between the two objects.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for any additional objects you want to join.
- Once you have added all the objects and fields you want to include in the report, you can use the report builder to customize the layout and filters.
- When you are finished building the report, click on the “Run Report” button to view the results.
- You can also save the report for future use.
It’s important to note that the relationship between the objects needs to be established through the use of Lookup or Master-detail relationships, otherwise, the report will not be able to join the data. Also, be aware that joined reports can be more complex and may have performance limitations and some data may not be visible.